Be the next NaFFAA National Executive Director
The National Federation of Filipino American Associations is seeking an Executive Director to lead our team towards achieving our mission of promoting the welfare and well-being of Filipino Americans throughout the United States by amplifying their voices, advocating on behalf of their interests, and providing resources to facilitate their empowerment. As the Executive Director, you will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of our organization, including managing staff, developing and executing strategic plans, fundraising, and community outreach.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with excellent communication and organizational skills, a strong professional network, a demonstrable commitment to our cause, and proven experience in non-profit management. Join us in making a difference in the lives of those we serve.
Instructions for applicants:
The Executive Director
The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing all aspects of our organization, ensuring that we are operating efficiently and effectively to meet goals. In this role, you will be the face of our company, working closely with the Board of Directors, our membership, government officials and the public at large. You will ensure that staff members are aligned with NaFFAA’s mission and vision and that we are working together to successfully achieve strategic objectives.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Develop and implement strategic plans with the President that meet business goals and objectives as directed by the Board of Governors and Trustees
- Responsible for the planning, organization, and direction of the organization’s operations and programs
- Organize activities with the National Chairman to raise funds or otherwise solicit and gather monetary donations or other gifts for the organization
- Regularly reports on the organization’s results for the Board of Governors
- Recruit, manage and develop a team of volunteer leaders to manage critical business functions and programs
- Ensure commitment to and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations across the organization
- Develop positive and long-term relationships with key stakeholders, including members of the community, leaders of sister organizations in the API community and government agencies
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Execute 100% of elements of strategic plan per year
- Increase net revenue/profit by 20% per year
- Produce 1 midyear report and 1 end of year report on key performance indicators and submit to the President, National Chair and Board of Governors
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field required, Master’s degree preferred
- Previous experience in a senior leadership role in an organization
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement successful strategic plans
- Deep understanding of fundraising strategies
- Strong aptitude for verbal and written communication, presentation, and relationship development
- In-depth knowledge of best practices in management and governance
- Leadership and Navigation: Consensus Builder, Mission-Driven, Change Management
- Ethical Practice: Integrity, Courage, Professionalism
- Communication: Diplomacy, Persuasion, Feedback
- Business Acumen: Strategic Agility, Business Operations and Logistics, Systems Thinking
- Grant Writer
- Finance Specialist
- Communications Specialist
- Other staff as needed
33% travel is anticipated.