Join our 2020 Internship Program!
The National Federation of Filipino American Associations (NaFFAA) is seeking interns for its 2020 Internship Program. Internships are year-round and NaFFAA is flexible with start and end dates. Applicants who can commit at least 15 hours a week will be prioritized. In-person interns working in NaFFAA’s national office in Washington, DC will receive a small stipend. Remote internships are unpaid.
Depending on individual experience and interest, NaFFAA interns will have the opportunity to assist staff on the following initiatives, including, but not limited to:
- Assist with data collection, manipulation and presentation, literature searches, interviewing, and compiling reference and statistical data into easily understood formats.
- Leverage expertise in applying standard research techniques, statistical analysis and compilation of data, including selecting, analyzing, and presenting data and information in written, verbal or graphical forms.
- Help coordinate initiatives such as NaFFAA’s Census Engagement, Filipino American Elected Officials Network, Civic Leadership Forums and/or Filipino American Vote Program.
- Help organize NaFFAA’s 2020 Programs and Events including but not limited to the NaFFAA Presidential Reception on June 25 in Las Vegas.
- Draft press releases, blogs, and social media posts, and oversee marketing/branding efforts.
- Oversee initiatives designed to increase membership, track membership growth, and distribute information to current members.
- Monitor pending legislation and coordinate with Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) coalition partners around common advocacy campaigns.
- Draft policy memos, statements, and talking points.
NaFFAA Intern Testimonial
Justine Suegay, Current Program Associate and Past Intern: “After interning with NaFFAA, I finally feel like an active, productive, and proud member of the Filipino American community. I have met and worked with the most impressive Filipino American professionals, spanning several generations. Through the professional work environment, I not only gained new skills, but enhanced what I already had. These new experiences have surely impacted my professional career, but it was the mentors I found and relationships I fostered that will last me a lifetime.”
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying, please send the following to NaFFAA Executive Director Carissa.Villacorta@naffaa.org with subject line “NaFFAA Internship Application”:
- An email indicating which NaFFAA initiative(s) you prefer and the dates/hours per week that you are available for the internship
- A list of 2-3 references (name, title/organization, email, phone)
Deadlines: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis with a priority deadline of February 7, 2020.
All applicants must be:
- At least 18 years of age
- A current undergraduate student or a recent graduate/young professional
- Familiar with Filipino American issues and have outstanding research, writing, communications, and computer skills
- Leadership and Navigation: Consensus Builder, Mission Driven, Change Management
- Ethical Practice: Integrity, Courage, Professionalism
- Communication: Diplomacy, Persuasion, Feedback
- Business Acumen: Strategic Agility, Business Operations and Logistics, Systems Thinking
NaFFAA does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, age, or other non-merit factors. People of color, women, gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and differently-abled individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.